The 2016 Grammy Awards ceremony was held on February 15 in Los Angeles. This ceremony honors musical talent in countless categories. It was highly anticipated by attendees as well as audiences across the world.
The first award for pop vocal album was given to Swift. She is a great singer who won multiple awards during the night. Another award won by Swift was for the Best Music Album and Video. She became the first artist to win two awards in the same ceremony. In her acceptance, she mentioned and thanked to Kanye West for all his hard work especially his album. According to her, she is famous only because of his most recent album, “The Life of Pablo”.
Other winners included:
- Album of the Year – Taylor Swift for “1989”.
- Song of the Year – Ed Sheeran & Amy Wadge for “Thinking Out Loud”.
- Best New Artist – Meghan Trainor
- Best Pop Vocal Album – Tony Bennett & Bill Charlap for “The Silver Lining”.
- Record of the Year & Best Rap Duo – Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars for “Uptown Funk”.
- Best Rap Performance – Kendrick Lamar for “Alright”.
- Best Rock Album – Muse for “Drones”.
- Best Rock Performance – Alabama Shakes for “Don’t Wanna Fight”.
- Best Metal Performance – Ghost for “Cirice”.
- Best Country Solo Performance – Chris Stapleton for “Traveller”.
Taylor Swift lit the stage with her performance and Kendrick Lamar performed “Alright”.
The 2016 Music Cares Person of the Year was Lionel Ritchie who performed “All Night Long” with John Legend, Demi Lovato, Megan Trainor, Tyrese Gibson, and Luke Bryan.